About the UBA

The University Buddhist Association of UCLA is an organization of students, faculty, and community members who come together to learn about and practice Buddhism. We're a non-sectarian Buddhist group that welcomes all Buddhists and non-Buddhist of all faiths and traditions.

If you're interested in learning more about the UCLA Buddhist community, please come to our meetings.

When: Every Tuesday, 5:30 - 7:00pm
Where: University Catholic Center
633 Gayley Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90024

If you have any questions, please contact us at uba.ucla.online@gmail.com.
Custom Search

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Urban Dharma Newsletter 12-16-08

From the Urban Dharma website, here's the latest newsletter posted by Venerable Kusala:

------------------------------
The Urban Dharma Newsletter - December 16, 2008
------------------------------
In This Issue: Dana in Buddhism
1. Dana - From Wikipedia
2. The Offering of Dana
3. Dana - Portland Buddhist Priory
4. Buddhist Way of Life (Dãna) Written by Dr. Chuen 5. DANA / HINDU AND BUDDHIST IDEAL OF SHARING
-------------------------------

"HI,

This newsletter deals with the idea of generosity in Buddhism, Dana.

On a personal note, I must say I have been touched over the years by the kindness and genrosity of many people, making it possible for me to share the Dharma.

Just this year I have receive small donations from kind and interested people wanting to support the Dharma and my work... Donations of $5, $10 and $20 help me keep UrbanDharma.org up and running without advertisements of any kind... Donations help me update hardware and software, post audio and Video, help me share my practice and teachings with folks around the world.

A special thanks to International Buddhist Meditation Center for supporting me, my work and the animals I take care of... I couldn’t have done it without you.

To all of you who supported me in 2008 with time, money, advice, cat food and human food... A Big Thank You.

May 2009 be your best year ever, may you find peace, joy and happiness in the present moment experience of your life.

Peace... Kusala"

No comments: